Does Any of These Describe You?
- Are you willing to develop your skills and expand your expertise in Project Controls?
- Are you interested in pursuing a career in Project Controls, but don’t know where or how to start?
- Are you already in Project Controls, but willing to further grow your career in Project Controls?
- Are you a Project Manager or Project Lead and keen on strengthening your Project Management career?
- Are you overwhelmed with complicated metrics, systems, or reports for controlling your projects?
- Do you want to better interpret or understand a cost or schedule report, but don’t know how?
- Have you been trying to settle down on a particular Project Controls/ Project Management knowledge area on your own, but without much success?
- Are you looking to further advance your career with a certification in Project Controls?
- If your answer to any of these questions is YES……
Imagine That YOU Could
- Gain more knowledge in Project Controls and stand out for your skillsets,
- Start a stable and well-paid job in Project Controls or Project Management,
- Start from scratch and learn the step-by-step strategies in controlling and managing projects,
- Experiment with Project Controls and apply what you learn in your job immediately,
- Develop your skills in Project Controls and get recognized for your competency,
- Get certified in Project Controls
- Advance your career to the next step of success.
Is This Possible?
- Well, I’ve personally made it happen, starting from scratch with NO experience and NO Project Control background. Over time I gained the education, experience, and expertise in the field of project controls.
- It took me 14 years to learn and master the essential skills that I needed to know as a Project Controller. To pave the road for other professionals in Project Controls, expedite their growth, and fill the education gap in Project Controls, I established Suvarna Academy .
- I founded suvarna consultancys Academy with the purpose of serving people to start or advance their Project Controls knowledge and skills….My mission is to add value to people around the world by providing high quality and comprehensive training programs in Project Controls.
- I am grateful that Suvarna consultancy Academy is now the leading provider of comprehensive online training programs in Project Controls.
- I am blessed for having the opportunity to help thousands of individuals build their technical Project Controls knowledge and shave off years of trial and error in learning the vital skills in controlling their projects.
- I would like to show you the step-by-step system that I learned through years of experience so that you can get started or advanced in Project Controls right away!
Your Ultimate Training Program
- Applied Project Control training is a deep-dive, simple to comprehend, and step-by-step training program that equips you with the knowledge required to manage and control your projects effectively. What’s so good about this training program is that it captures most things you need to know about Project Controls in one consolidated package.
- I have tested this training program for several years with hundreds of Project Managers, Project Control Professionals, and Engineering Discipline Leads before offering it online to you
- You will have an in-depth knowledge in subjects such as WBS development, planning/scheduling, earned value management, cost control, forecasting, cost and schedule analysis and a whole lot more. Not only that, it gives you step-by-step detailed process & guidance for every stage of your project. For example, if you are in the planning stage of your project, you will know the first thing that you need to do is to develop your WBS, then you need to estimate your budget and plan/ schedule your job accordingly, and finally you need to baseline and freeze your scope, cost, and schedule before moving to the execution phase. You will have a guided process for every phase of your project that ensures a successful implementation of project controls.
- The Applied Project Controls video training is a dynamic and interactive training that engages you throughout the entire program via its extensive examples, exercises, and case studies. This makes it easy for you to apply your learnings to your own projects immediately.
How Does It Work?
- Let me tell you what this program is about and how you can start from wherever you are today.
- Once you register, you will get access to our private and secure learning management system to start your training right away.
- The Applied Project Controls course is a 6-week online video training program.
- Here is briefly what each week of the program is about:
Introduction to Project Controls You will be provided with an introduction to project controls and the overall course framework as well as the Project Controls process flow chart.
You will learn how to organize and define the total scope of your project, using Work Breakdown Structure or WBS. You learn the rules that you need to follow in designing a well-structured and manageable WBS.
You will walk through a step-by-step process in developing a project schedule. This is a very comprehensive and in-depth module on Planning/ Scheduling, where you will learn the foundation of building a project schedule.
You will learn how to do cost estimating and budgeting, and how to select Control Accounts at which performance will be created, monitored, and measured. You will also learn how to develop the project measurement baseline.
Cost & Schedule Status Data Recording
You will understand the elements of schedule and cost status recording, the steps involved in the schedule updating process, and three key components of cost status recording in applying the Earned Value Management technique. By the end of this week, you will have a good understanding of Earned Value Management method and its difference with the Traditional Management methods.
Cost & Schedule Status Assessment
You will be able to answer some of the most important and fundamental questions about the health of your project: How is the project doing with respect to time and/or cost? Are you ahead or behind the schedule? Are you under or over budget? How efficient are you in using time and/or resources?
Cost & Schedule Analysis
You will be able to forecast your project’s future results in terms of cost and schedule. You will be able to answer the questions such as: When is the project likely to finish? What is the project cost at completion? What will the remaining work cost? How efficient should the project use its remaining resources? You will also learn different forecasting methods and how to evaluate the feasibility and accuracy of your forecasts
What Will I Learn?.
By enrolling in the Applied Project Control training you will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts and standard Project Controls methodologies available for controlling and implementing a project.
- Plan, execute, and control projects by considering the Project Controls key elements- scope, cost, and schedule- that contribute to project success.
- Develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) as a basis for effective cost estimation and scheduling of a project.
- Build and interpret Scheduling Network Diagrams.
- Understand different types of scheduling relationships, lags and leads.
- Calculate schedule floats and determine the schedule critical path.
- Apply the concept of resource loading.
You will also learn…
- Analyze the project schedule.
- Discover the differences between Traditional Management and Earned Value Management.
- Establish an integrated cost/schedule performance measurement baseline.
- Discover and apply tools for monitoring, controlling, and forecasting the project status through Earned Value Management.
- Interpret and analyze a project performance report.
- Explore the concept behind performance measurement formulas.
- Apply Earned Value Management techniques to forecast final project results.
- Implement Earned Value Management within a typical project.
- Establish a change management process.
- Take proactive /corrective actions to keep the project in control.
Is This for Me?
- Are you a Project Manager who is tired of falling behind schedule or overrunning your budget? Do you have difficulties setting correct scheduling expectations with the customer? Do you rely on other people for flagging the issues in your project? Well, wouldn’t it be nice if you could figure out things that could possibly go wrong in your project before it actually goes wrong, and take pre-emptive measures to stop that from happening? In the Applied Project Control training, you will learn how to do effective scope, cost, and schedule planning and later how to measure your project progress and performance, understand the true status of your project, and flag any cost or schedule issues before they actually occur.
- Are you an experienced Project Controller who gained Project Controls skills through experience, not education?
- Are you new to Project Controls who just started in Project Controls or looking to get into Project Controls? Wouldn’t it be great if you could learn the essentials of Project Controls, get a certificate of completion, and become ready for your adventure in the Project Control industry?
- Are you a Planner/ Scheduler who is looking to gain Cost Control knowledge to take your career to the next step? You will gain an in-depth knowledge of Earned Value Management and integrated cost/ schedule control via the Applied Project Controls training.
- Are you a Cost Controller who is interested in a move to Planning/ Scheduling? Well, you will obtain an in-depth knowledge of Planning/scheduling on how to develop and maintain a project schedule. The only item left for you is to learn a Planning/Scheduling software and apply your planning/scheduling knowledge. [The software training is not part of the Applied Project Control training].
- Are you a Cost Estimator who is willing to explore other areas of Project Controls such as Cost Control and Planning/ Scheduling? The Applied Project Controls training will provide you the Project Control education that you are looking for.